Author Topic: Hello to our new players  (Read 838 times)

Admin Yukiko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hope Lives
Hello to our new players
« on: July 02, 2011, 03:27:11 AM »
I appreciate the influx of people recently. Our playerbase has grown 400% in just three days.

Yeah, I know it's only a 0 to 4 player growth but don't you think 400% sounds so much better?

First, if I haven't said it enough already, Hope is in beta and this means things may not work, may work badly or may work too well. Things such as skill gains might build too slow or too fast. We want to work out these details and get things balanced. So, you can really help us by reporting things that seem to be out of whack. This includes crafting, combat (weapons and armour being too powerful/weak), skill gains and skills not working correctly.

Second, once we get things working to our satisfaction there is a strong possibility that we will do a character wipe because of the possibility that skill gains were too fast or items were too powerful. To compensate our beta testers we are considering several options which may include gift of a house or special steed or maybe a unique item. There will be no skill boosts, stat boosts or items that might affect game-play balance.

The faster you report bugs, the sooner we can work on them, means less time you spend building your temporary character and the sooner you can start role-playing.

If you would like to post your comments feel free.
Sincerely,
Admin Yukiko
John 3:17

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.
Hope Lives Google Plus Page

Wolfie

• View Profile
Re: Hello to our new players
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 09:46:22 AM »
Alright I needa know for sure if we are going to have the character wipe for the beta tester. Cause i am not starting from ground zero another time simple as that.

Admin Yukiko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hope Lives
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »
The reason for the potential character wipe was that skills might build too fast and we'd have a few players with skills that were unreasonably high. In light of the fact that skills don't appear to be building too quickly there won't be a character wipe. Besides, even if a few skills do gain a bit too fast there should be some reward for the dedication given by beta testers. Personally I only threw the character wipe possibility in based on a recommendation from someone. Most of you know I am far too easy going to do something like that unless absolutely necessary.
Sincerely,
Admin Yukiko
John 3:17

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.
Hope Lives Google Plus Page

Wolfie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »
Makes me feel a whole lot better about getting some skills gmed ;) TO DRAGON HUNTING!